Here is an easy lunch idea that takes only minutes to put together. I love potato pancakes, so I thought a pancake made with multiple vegetables would be even better… and I was correct! These savory pancakes are extremely flavorful. Enjoy!
Vegetable Pancakes with Lemon Cumin Dipping Sauce
1 cup grated/julienned vegetables (I used a combination of potatoes, shallots, carrots, turnips and spinach)
⅓ cup milk
½ tsp Baking powder
½ cup Flour
½ tsp Salt
¼ tsp dried basil
¼ tsp dried parsley
½ cup plain greek yogurt
2 tsp lemon juice
½ teaspoon ground cumin
¼ tsp garlic salt
⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper
¼ tsp dried dill
- Place the grated and julienned vegetables in a bowl and stir until mixed.
- Whisk the egg and milk in a separate bowl and pour over vegetables.
- Whisk the flour, baking powder, spices and salt together in a bowl and sprinkle over the vegetable mixture. Stir to combine.
- Melt about 1 tsp of coconut oil in a frying pan.
- Place 1 tablespoon of vegetable mixture in pan and cook for 3 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Top with sauce* and serve warm.
*For the sauce, combine all ingredients in a bowl. Serve pancakes with a dollop of the yogurt sauce.